Friday, June 1, 2012

Frugal Fashion Friday - Rock the White

The best laid plans... Originally I had planned to do an outfit post.  I loved the outfit I wore yesterday. It was a bit of an 80's flashback but also current.  I mixed black and white with neon colors. I was wearing a sheer maxi with an underskirt.  My Honey {msL} took some photos and when I began to crop them, I realized that my Spanx were showing in every photo, all the way to the top of my thighs!  Obviously, I was too eager to take photos an didn't take the time to check my outfit in the mirror.  Oh Well.  Here is a cropped shot, minus the Spanx.

Jacket - One Stop Plus (no longer available, similar here), Tank - Target (no longer available, similar here), Skirt - Nordstrom (no longer available, similar here), Necklace - c/o Stella & Dot, Kristin Biggs, Bracelet - DIY via Goodwill, Shoes - DIY


My sweet pup Blue joined me during pictures.  He was also featured this week as a Fashion Dog on my friend Vyque's blog, Fasshonaburu.  Since my outfit featuring bargain buys, DIY and Stella & Dot didn't work out, I decided to join the lovely bloggers on Long Distance Loving for today's Friday's Fancies post, Rock the White. Check out how I add color to my white after the jump.






 A white button up shirt is one of my wardrobe staples.  I love using it as a blank canvas. I added a tie and necklaces for a night out.  I added neon jewelry for an easy day look. A white t-shirt can be an easy addition to bright colors, like an aqua maxi and a fuchsia scarf. I love white jackets.  I scored a linen one from a clothing swap and added a lime green tank, colorful scarf and a fun bag.  This white canvas moto jacket is one of my favorites.  It makes a ruffled floral blouse look a little tough.  Whit is such a great accent to bright colors and patterns.  I am looking for a white summer dress to add to my closet.  I picture it with jeweled sandals and bold jewelry for the beach.

How do you wear white?

Happy Friday Real Girls!




Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...