Over the last year I've found that my style is definitely evolving. I used to go for lots of sequins and printed stand out tops. Now, most days I start with some basics for my foundation and add great jackets, jewelry, and accessories. I've noticed that on casual days I reach for my jeans (loving my burgundy NYDJ pair) and a t-shirt or thin sweater. For work, I'm going for solid or printed pants and a solid top (blouse, sweater, or top). Adding eye catching jewelry and a statement bag is a must for me. I adore heels but this winter oxfords and classic boots have been my go-to shoes. They are comfortable for my RA and they keep my feet warm. They definitely aren't as sexy as heels but I've decided that if flats are going to be my staples that I will own great flats.
- Black Wrap Coat - I already own a tan wrap coat but it's long. I keep wishing for a black version and I love the collar on this one from Tahari but sadly, it looks like it's out of stock in my size. I guess I will be on the hunt for another one.
- Layered Silver Necklace - I love silver and this necklace is a new favorite, by Stella and Dot. It also comes in a gold and quartz version. You can wear the chains separately or together! Three looks in one.
- Custom Engravable Cuff Bracelet - This bracelet is a fun take on a traditional monogram. You can get up to 14 characters and lots of different configurations. It also comes in gold and it's by Stella and Dot. The phrase on it is part of one of my favorite movie lines and a personal philosophy. "The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves." As much as I love great fashion, it's what we do in those clothes that really matters.
- Bright Bag - A bright colored bag can add just the right pop of color to a solid outfit. The cobalt blue version of the Paris Market Tote by Stella and Dot is on my wish list. The leather is buttery soft and the Stella and Dot bags are made by the same company that produces bags for Marc Jacobs.
- Black Ankle Boots - Originally I intended to get a pair of zip up ankle boots. They will replace a pair I've had for ages, that I've intended to replace for years. Unfortunately, I didn't purchase the ones I spied in the fall, fast enough and now they are gone. As luck would have it Zara is having their end of the season sale. I scored these beauties the other day, as well as a pair of black pointed toe loafers with gold detail.
What are your go to winter basics?