- Cover-up - I usually choose a sarong but I'd love to grab a fun new maxi cover up. This one is colorful and pretty but not too heavy.
- Earrings - Big earrings are a fun way to wear jewelry to the beach or pool without it weighing you down. These coral inspired gold earrings from Stella & Dot fit with the beach vibe.
- Sun hat - I love large brimmed hats for the beach and pool. They look great, hide your beach hair, and keep the sun off of your face. I have a had from the San Diego hat company that I've owned for more than 10 years. I'd love to get one in another color.
- Bracelet - I don't wear tons of jewelry to the beach or pool but this stretch version from Stella & Dot will slide off easily before you jump in the water.
- Swimsuit - I've never been a bikini girl so this retro suit is perfect for me. It's sexy but covers in a great way. It's available is sizes 2 - 26!
- Beach bag - I don't need a bag when I run out to the backyard pool but it's a must for our vacation. I LOVE our LL Bean canvas bags. They are affordable, stylish and indestructible.
- Flip flops - I confess that rubber flip flops are one of my least favorite type of footwear. I do wear them when I am running around the pool or going to beach. I don't have to worry about sand or dirt and I can rinse them off easily. The beading on this pair give them a bit of flair.
- Sunscreen - I'm a bit pushy with my family and friends about using sunscreen. Nothing ruins a vacation faster than sunburn. I also know people who have had skin cancer scares. Also, I wear it without fail. I love being outside and in order to protect myself and ensure that I preserve the great skin I was born with, sunscreen is mandatory. Neutrogena products are some of my favorite. Last summer I also fell in love with Supergoop wipes. They are towelettes coated in sunscreen. Genius!
- Sunglasses - I'm a bit of a slut when it comes to sunglasses. I love them and own way too many. My designer pairs are my favorites but they don't go to the beach with me. I take a pair that I can wear into the water and not care if they get scratched in the sand. This pair from GirlPROPS is only $4.99!
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Poolside and Oceanfront - Bargain Style Picks
We are hosting a backyard grad pool party next weekend and of course I'm already thinking about my outfit. As one of the hosts, I want to look stylish, a little dressy but be comfortable. We'll be hosting lots of parties this summer and we have our summer beach trip in July. I wanted my selections to last through the summer and beyond. Of course, I go for quality as well as a good price.