Friday, November 22, 2013

Frugal Fashion Friday - Instant DIY Cropped Sweater

Midriff baring sweaters have never been a good look for me. Now that I'm past a certain age, even if I could pull them off, I might look a bit desperate. That's never fashionable.  I do however like the look of cropped sweaters with a longer shirt. It's not a look that I will be wearing often. For me, it's not worth spending money on a cropped sweater. I thought I'd give the trend a try for a day. If I liked it, I'd hit up the thrift store for a sweater that I could alter, for a steal.  This trial run was so easy and the price was right ($0), that I knew I needed to share it with you all.



All you need is a sweater you already own that has a band on the bottom.  It's best if the band is a bit tight. That will help the sweater stay in place.


Step 1


Select your sweater, put it on and pull the band down to hip level.
 
 
Step 2


Pull the band up so it sits at the top of your torso, right under your boobs.
 
 
Step 3


Pull the loos part of the sweater on each side, down to waist level. Leave the band around your upper torso.
 
 
Step 4


Even out the fold of the sweater so that is sits evenly at your waist. You will leave the tail of the shirt hanging down. 
 
 




There you go, instant cropped sweater and you didn't have to spend a dime. You also didn't have to alter your sweater.

Check out my other instant DIYs: infinity scarf and high-low skirt.


Happy Friday Real Girls!



Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...