Friday, September 20, 2013

Inspiration - Halloween Decorating and Party Ideas

For years now, {msL} and I have thought about hosting a Halloween party. It never seemed to work out, due to schedules or other obligations. This year we have worked things out early and we'll be hosting a small evening. I've already started thinking about my costume but I want to have some great decorations. A spooky, Gothic, Victorian vibe will be the aesthetic.

Halloween Decor and Party Ideas

 
While shopping at Target the other day, I found bleeding skull candles. They will be the perfect compliment to candelabras and candle holders. I'm planning to repaint some of the candle holders I've used in my holiday decor from years past. I have black glitter skulls that I used in decor last year and cake stands from our wedding that can be used for decor and to display food. I love the idea of using cleavers and large knives to accent and cut food. I could create some vintage looking labels for bottles. I'll also be checking local thrift stores for bird cages.

I think with some planning, I will be able to reuse or upcycle many items for the decor. I'll use candles and simple items like apples for impact.

Do you decorate for Halloween?


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...