Monday, September 16, 2013

Fashion for a Cause

You all know I'm a huge fan of thrift store shopping. In the DC area, some of my favorite stores are Goodwill stores. Many of them have a great selection and are well organized. It makes the shopping experience enjoyable and fun. On Saturday, September 7th, I was thrilled to be able to help out with the grand opening of the newest DC Goodwill store in Dale City, Virginia. There was a fun grand opening event and I helped at the DIY craft table. I thought I would share some fun pictures from the day.

 
Shoppers line up before the grand opening.
Designer bags waiting to be snatched up.
Facepainting for the kids.
DIY crafts table
Large donation center

I was fortunate enough to meet the great staff at the store as well as shoppers like Ashley. I love her casual but chic outfit. It's so on trend and fashionable. She also scored some great purchases during the grand opening.

Ashley, Fashionista and Goodwill Shopper


Good will is hosting their annual Fashion of Goodwill Runway Show & Gala on Tuesday, September 24, 6pm - 9pm at the Artisphere in Arlington. I will be there covering this fantastic event for RGR. I'd love for you to join me. Tickets are still available and all of the proceeds go to Goodwill's work in job training. Goodwill offers assistance with job training, placement and other services to people who are facing challenges with employment. In addition to the fashion show, there will also be a trunk show with lots of fantastic fashion available for purchase. The items are curated from Goodwill stores in the DC area. I hope to see you there!




Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...