Friday, April 27, 2012

Frugal Fashison Friday - Date Night Edition

Last Friday's post for Friday's Fancies was so much fun that I decided to join again today.  The theme is Date Night and this one is perfect for today.  My Honey and I are having a date night tonight!  We attend the local Unitarian Universalist Congregation and tonight they are having a movie and sing along night to The Sound of Music! I know it sounds corny but I think it will be great.  The entry fee is food for the food pantry.  There will be a concession stand where we can buy snacks.  It's a very laid back place and dressing up or wearing super high heels isn't necessary so I picked an easy outfit that's worthy of date night but a little on the casual side.





I have a black tweed jacket that I added chain to.  It was a fun and easy DIY (details here).  Before I added the chain, I hardly ever wore the jacket. Now I wear it often. I love simple tees with interesting details, like this cowl neck. I have quite a few pairs of jeans. They are only two brands, Lane Bryant and Not Your Daughter's Jeans (NYDJ). I love NYDJ jeans because they fit my pear shaped body really well.  I never have to worry about them riding too low in the back. They have just enough stretch and they come in tons of styles.  They are more expensive than other brands but worth it because they retain their shape and color wash after wash. I just got these shoes at DSW. I wasn't able to find them on line in the pewter color but they are great shoes and I'd consider buying them in almost every color. I got them for less than $30 because of DSW certificates. Obviously I love this bag. I've featured it in two posts in a row. Guess that means I've made my decision about my clutch buy. The necklace and bracelets aren't in the collage above but you can see them here in my DIY post. They are a fun addition to the neon trend and were so easy and inexpensive to make. I've been wearing this lipstick constantly. The pink color is so much fun and a great spring alternative to red.

Did you know that one in six people in the United States go hungry every day?  With the economy in such a rough place, food banks need help more than ever. They are terribly depleted and need money and food.  They also need volunteers. Please consider helping out your local food back

I hope you all have a fun date night planned soon. A date night doesn't have to be a date with someone romantic, it can be a date night with your friends.  Have a great weekend.

HAPPY FRIDAY REAL GIRLS!





Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...