Monday, April 30, 2012

Mumbles on a Monday

I got up this morning and was in a huge rush. I had a client meeting and had to leave on time.  Then of course, because we live in DC and this is a way of life, traffic was not on my side.  I had to rush to get to my meeting and luckily I was on time. The rushing didn't start my day off well and I felt off kilter the rest of the day.  I'm sure that it doesn't help that my evil ADD is rearing it's head.  I need to narrow down my thoughts and ideas regarding wedding planning. We've found a venue and a photographer. Now I have to deal with sorting through the nightmare of catering.  I thought I'd share some of the things that are inspiring our rock n' roll style influenced wedding. Lots of these ideas are on Pinterest. I have even more and you can check them out on my boards.


Black chandeliers over the dance floor.  DIY, mercury glass, candle holders for the tables. Blue lighting and possibly black table coverings.  Peacock feathers and colors for decor and other items. A wedding dessert and candy bar displayed on mismatched, thrift store, cake stands and platters. Vinyl records as a backdrop for the photo booth. DIY table number, candle holders. Black beaded lace on the bodice of my dress. Glitter on the bottom of my shoes instead of all over glitter or crystals. Fancy shoes are mandatory! Save the Date announcements using custom concert tickets and a vintage rock poster/flyer.

We are going for a classy rock n' roll vibe for the evening.  I picture candles, mood lighting, and a lounge like club vibe. Since I can't find any photos of exactly what I have in mind, I've started making sketches to focus my thoughts.  I pulled out my sketch pad and my art pencils.

Thanks for indulging me, my friends.  If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.  I really appreciate all of the well wishes and support you are showing to me. The fabric suggestions you sent earlier were great! Keep them coming.

Have a great Monday (what's left of it).




Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...