Monday, March 26, 2012

DIY - Rock Graphic Tee

There are lots of great rock tees available but I'm always looking for the ones that speak to me personally. What if you could take your favorite lyric and turn it into a one of a kind shirt?  All you need are just four simple supplies and a song lyric you love.

Just a few simple supplies were needed.

SUPPLIES
t-shirt.                      $7
spray paint               $4 already owned (from my neon jewelry DIY)
stick on letters          $3 already owned       .
newspaper               ______________
                                $7 (not counting the items I already owned)            



I chose a few lines from a song I love and one I could turn into a great design. The line is from "Crash Into Me" by Dave Matthews Band. "Sweet like candy to my soul. Sweet you rock and Sweet you roll.". Because sweet comes before each line I could create a design with that single word.




I stretched the shirt over the newspaper. Then applied the stick on letters. I didn't worry about them being straight and even. Imperfection would add to the cool rock vibe. 




Then I sprayed the paint across the letters in a swash. I wanted it to look accidental.



I let the paint dry completely. Then I removed the letters. The best part of this DIY is that it is completely customizable. Choose any song lyric, t-shirt, color of spray paint, and letter style to make it your own.



Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...