Tuesday, March 20, 2012

DIY - Glitter Boots like Giuseppe Zanotti

Well it appears to be glitter week here on RGR and that was totally unintentional.  A little while ago I did a post on my winter DIY inspirations.  I've been working on all sorts of projects and I've just finished up my glitter boots. I have terrible ADD when it comes to projects.  The boots took a little longer than I expected so I've done a little at a time. I was inspired by these $625 Giuseppe Zanotti boots.

Giuseppe Zanotti Glitter Boots $625

My original idea was just to use Krylon Glitter Blast Glitter Spray.  I loved the finish but I wanted them to look just like the Giuseppe Zanotti's. It wasn't quite the chunky glitter look that I wanted to achieve and I ended up adding loose glitter. The Glitter Blast was a great base for the chunky glitter.  I didn't have to mix two types of glitter, like I've seen other people do. The boots I purchased were tan.  I painted the boots black first. I painted the heels and soles solid black.  I sprayed a thin coat of black on the rest of the boot.

Black Paint on Boots, Heels and Sole Edges

After Spraying with Glitter Blast, I Started Adding Chunky Glitter

I continued added glitter until the boot was covered. Then I sprayed with several coats of Krylon Triple Thick Crystal Clear Glaze


Finished Boots!


SUPPLIES
Tan Boots                                             $17 (Target)
Black Spray Paint                                 already owned
Krylon Glitter Blast Glitter Spray          already owned from Holiday projects
Krylon Spray Adhesive                        $4 (with coupon from Michaels)
Krylon Triple Thick Glaze                    already owned from Holiday projects
Glitter (Paillette style)                            $3 (Michaels)
Painters tape                                         already owned
newspaper
__________________________________________
                                                $24  SAVED $601

They turned out really great. I can't wait to wear them.  I just hope they hold up to a bit of wear and tear.  I may need to give them a few more coats of sealer. I'm sure I'll be wearing them in an outfit post soon. 




Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...