Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Light from Broadway and Sequins

On Tuesday night we went to the Kennedy Center, with our good friends, Kevin and Joey to see La Cage aux Folles.  It was such a fun show and we had a great evening with our friends.  You've gotta love a show in such an historic venue that is so irreverent. I took a few pics with my camera phone.  I didn't bring my big camera because I didn't want to have to lug it around. I wore my new sheer maxi, a sequin sweater and a basic tee.  I wasn't thrilled with my top but it gave me the all black look I was going for with the outfit. Now I'm on the hunt for a top that will complete the look.

Sweater - Kohl's (no longer available), Shirt - Vera Wang for Kohl's (no longer available, similar here), Skirt - Bobeau (Nordstrom), Shoes - Coclico (Simply Soles Georgetown), Bag - vintage, Necklace worn as a Bracelet - Saks off 5th, Earrings - Target, Watch - Timex (gift), Bangles - vintage from my Mom
This was a fun and easy outfit.  I would have liked for the sweater to be a bit shorter or maybe I should have worn a belt. I'll try that next time. I'm sad that you can't see my great shoes.  But you can see what they look like in this post.


You all know I'm testing out red lipsticks.  I promise there is a post coming. Last night I tried out, Sephora Collection in Hot Tango 05.  When I got home, I looked in the mirror and had a revelation.  A month ago, I would have tried that lip color on and immediately dismissed it.  Wearing red more often has made me more comfy with these bright reds.




My Honey affectionately calls my friend Joey, my Boyfriend.  She says I tell him more than some of my girlfriends and I'd prefer to shop with him that most girls I know. That's true. He's a great friend and I adore him. It's also worth mentioning that Joey has lost 150lbs + over the last few years.  He's amazing! 


I also adore Joey's partner Kevin.  I've known Kevin since he was sixteen. He worked for me when he was in high school. I can't believe we've known each other for over twenty years!


She may kill me for posting this picture but it turned out so great, I have to... Here is a photo of my Honey and I.  I think it's a great picture of her.




Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...