Thursday, February 2, 2012

70's Influenced

I know that this outfit isn't really 70's style but for me, pairing olive and orange together always reminds me of the 70's.  Maybe it's because I really loved the home of our family friends, the McLeod's, that was very modern, mod and full of orange and olive colored furniture and appliances. The color combo always reminds me of that time.  I also decided that Polaroid style pictures would fit with today's 70's theme.



Today I'm sporting two of my favorite wardrobe pieces.  The olive army influenced jacket from Talbots that I snagged at the outlet.  The other is this fantastic orange skirt, a gift from Fashion to Figure.  Orange, as you know, is the color of the season. Unfortunately, the skirt is no longer available. I love that the clothes at Fashion to Figure are so on trend and modern.  They know that curvy girls want to accentuate our curves, not hide them and they always offer the latest in fashion forward clothes.  If you live in the DC area, Fashion to Figure is opening a brand new store on February 12 at the Mall at Prince Georges in Hyattsville, Maryland.  They just opened a new store in Cherry Hill, New Jersey and their grand opening party is this Saturday. If you don't live close to one of their brick and mortar locations you can always shop online.

Jacket - Talbots, Shirt - Kohl's, Skirt - c/o Fashion to Figure, Boots - Silhouettes, Bracelets - Craft Show and Gifts, Watch - Kohl's, Necklace - Gift, Nails - Revlon ColorStay Longwear in Sequin
I'm still trying out all of the lipsticks I purchased in my search for the perfect red lip.  I thought it would be good to test each one by wearing it for at least a day.  I think just trying it once doesn't really give me a fair picture.  This color is L'Oreal Color Riche in Target Red.  It's sold only at Target stores.  It's a semi sheer bluish red.  I really like the consistency and the semi sheer finish.  It's also not as matte as some of the other reds I've tried.





Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...