"The eyes shout what the lips fear to say." - William Henry
"The eyes are the window to the soul." - traditional proverb
"I see my future when I look in your eyes." - KISS
For me, if my eyes don't look finished, I don't feel good. Some days that just means concealer and mascara. As many of your know I have been plagued with dark, under eye circles. I also have pale lashes. If I only chose a couple of make up products, after SPF, concealer and mascara would be on the top of my list. But there are other items that I've come to love recently and most days I do the whole eye (eyeshadow, mascara, liner, and concealer). I had to share some of old and new faves.
- Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Volume Mascara - The dense brush makes for long separate lashes. They don't feel clumpy and I love that the tube dispenses just the right amount.
- Cle de Peau Concealer (beige) - This is my holy grail. I could live without anything but this. It's the priciest item a buy but one tube lasts me a year and I use it every day, sometimes more than once a day. It's the only concealer I've ever found that covers my dark circles and I've tried them all. It'd very dense but it covers anything.
- Revlon Colorstay Skinny Eyeliner (black) - The tiny brush is perfect for a barely there line or to do a great cat eye, without ending up with terrible smudges. It stays on all day.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (anti - aging) - I'm a huge fan of Urban Decay and especially the Eyeshadow Primer. I have oily eyelids and it's the only thing that makes my eyeshadow stay put all day. Without it my eyeshadow is history in a few hours.
- ROC Rentinol Correxion Sensitive Eye Cream - I apply eye cream day and night. This one really works and it's still gentle. It also provides a great base for my concealer.
- Maybelline The NUDES palette - I debated about buying this palette because I didn't love all of the colors. I've surprised myself. I use most of them on a regular basis. Because I love bright lipstick so much, I always lean toward a more neutral eye. It even has a guide on the back that illustrates different shadow combinations.
Most of these products can be found at your local drugstore. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer is available at Ulta and Sephora and Cle de Peau is available at high-end department stores like Nordstrom and Saks.
photo credit (back of package) - Nouveau Cheap