Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Beach Packing - Must Have List

We leave for our annual beach trip on Saturday. Every year when I pack, I promise myself that I won't overpack. I pledge that I will take less and that I will wash clothes if needed. That pledge hasn't exactly worked out well in the past. We rent a house with a washer and dryer. There is no reason I need to bring tons of clothes. It's just more "stuff" to bring. But the fashionista in me is always afraid that I will get there and won't have what I want to wear. It is likely a fashion girl freakout instead of a real fear. We are at the beach in North Carolina, after all. Everyone is wearing casual clothes and relaxing. It's not a see and be seen kind of place. I am working hard to stick to the "no overpacking" mantra this year. I've created my must have list and the other items will be held to a minimum.

My Goodwill Trunk Show Caftan


Jersey Dress

San Diego Hat Company Sun Hat

Target Panama Hat (I bought mine last year.)


 
DIY Cut Off Shorts

Ray Ban Green Mirror Aviators (great prices on amazon.com)

Silver Birkenstocks



Gold Gladiator Sandals (bought on amazon.com)

Sarong (bought years ago)
 
Of course bathing suits are on my list but the items above are the additional ones that I can't live without. Some are new (the gladiators, aviators, and the caftan) but the rest are old standbys and items I wore often last year. Add a couple of t-shirts and tank tops and I will be set. By choosing silver and gold sandals, I can minimize the shoes I take. These metallic shades work with everything. I'd also never go to the beach without a big hat and sunscreen. Neutrogena is my favorite face lotion because of the high SPF and it doesn't make me break out. Hawaiin Tropic lotion is always my choice for my body, when I'm lounging. I love the smell. When I'm active, I use a spray that is water resistant like Coppertone Sport. Please be safe and don't forget your sunscreen. Just one burn can damage your skin for a lifetime. I'm battling brown spots that are the result of sun damage from my teens and twenties.
 
 



 
 
What are your beach must haves?
 



Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...