Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Better Exercise with Dr. Scholl's® Active Series® Insoles

My apologies for the long silence. Lots of us in the DC area were impacted by the government shutdown. I work for a contractor to the government and was out of work for 17 days. I used the time to do projects around our house, work on me, and take a little break from technology and the blog. Part of working on me was more exercise. Luckily, right before the shutdown, I received Dr. Scholl's® Active Series® inserts to try (via Influenster). Since I battle Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), I jumped at the chance to try something that could possibly make exercise more enjoyable. Moving is an important part of therapy for RA, which is hard sometimes when you don't feel well. So, I try to find exercise that is good for me but also enjoyable.  I attend Zumba class, do yoga and walk regularly. I wasn't sure that these insoles would really help but decided to give them a try.



The handy guide marks on the underside of the insoles make them easy to cut and adjust to your size.  They come in two sizes for women (and men).  I wear a size nine and received the larger size (8 1/2 - 11).  I removed the insoles that came in my running shoes, cut the insoles to fit and slid them in.  They were a tight fit but I adjusted them and they fit perfectly.  At first I noticed that they made my shoes a bit tighter than the original insoles.  I just adjusted the tightness of my laces. First I tried them at my Zumba classes.  They were great.  In previous sessions I'd noticed some soreness on the bottoms of my feet (before the insoles).  That isn't an issue anymore! No soreness at all. They provided really good arch support as well. Once I tried them at Zumba, I had to give them a try on my regular walks.  I walk with my good friend Joey on Saturday mornings at Potomac Mills Mall.  They have a mall walking program but we just head over early on Saturday mornings for a little gab time and walking.  Joey has lost 150lbs. on Weight Watchers and his main form of exercise has been walking!

Joey and I, all smiles during our walk.

Asics




Jacket - C9 by Champion from Target (sold out but similar here), t-shirt, Yoga Pants - Old Navy (old style but similar here)

There was a little too much window shopping this time so we only got in 3.5 miles.  My new Dr. Scholl's® Active Series® insoles were the star.  They really helped me to enjoy my walk more, with fewer aches and pains. 

Note: My insoles were provided to me via a program through Influenster. The opinions expressed here are my own honest review of this product.



Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...