Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Moment of Lust - Vintage Chanel Brooch

Pins and brooches have been a favorite accessory of mine for many years. I even wore one in my hair on my wedding day. On my all time wish list, a vintage Chanel brooch is at the top. It's a classic piece that I know I will wear forever. My real issue would be, not wearing it. I'd wear it on jackets, sweaters, hats, and even t-shirts. I'm sure it would border on ridiculous. There are several reputable sellers that have Chanel brooches available. I'd love to have a large one, two inches or more. They range in price from about $250 - over $500. 

photo credit : Malleries.com

Usually, I find budget friendly alternatives for my lust items. In this case there aren't any.  A Chanel brooch is a stand alone piece. There is no substitute. For me, knock-offs aren't an option. They hurt the economy and support organized crime, child labor and human trafficking. A vintage piece is even better because it's a form of recycling (see how I just justified this big purchase). For me quality and the number of times I will wear a piece always matter. Sometimes a more costly piece can end up being a better value in the long run because you wore it more often. Knowing that this brooch will be worn over and over again and be passed down makes purchasing it a bit easier.

Moment of Lust - Chanel Brooch
Click on the photos for information.

 
Maybe Santa will be good to me this year or I'll get an amazing birthday present.


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...