Wednesday, May 29, 2013

20s Murder Mystery Party - My Costume

Over the Memorial Day weekend, my friends hosted a 20's era Murder Mystery party. I have never attended a party like this before. I can't wait for the next one. It was a blast. I'm sure that most of that had to do with the amazing people who attended the party. The food was great, the champagne was flowing and the mystery game was fun. It didn't hurt that everyone got to dress up in costume. I mentioned in an earlier post that I would most likely be wearing items that I already owned. I decided not to buy a new dress and wore one that I had stashed in my closet. It was the dress I wore to my 40th birthday party.


I have to apologize in advance for all of the kissy face expressions.  I could tell you that I was going for a 20's vibe but I think it had to do with the flowing champagne.  I accessorized my dress with long gloves, an art deco style bracelet (c/o Kristin Biggs of Stella & Dot), two long necklaces, a vintage brooch attached to a sash and tied as a headband, one of my favorite pair of earrings (Kristin Biggs of Stella & Dot) that you can't see due to my hair, lots of eye makeup and dark lips.


My friends bought the mystery game from Night of Mystery Murder Mystery Parties. You tell them how many people will be attending and they send all of the game information, including character info, printables for the game and all sorts of ideas.  They made it easy to throw a great murder mystery party. Just add some cool people, food, and drinks and you're ready to play.











Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...