Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring 2013 Trends - Florals

Lovely and amazing Nel of Girls of Plenty, invited me and four other curvy bloggers to take part in a little project where we show spring trends for ladies who wear plus sized fashion.  I loved the idea and said I'd definitely take part.  Sadly, with my nutty work week and other demands, last week I only managed to post a couple of pictures on Instagram.  So here it is my take on the floral trend.  When I first read this trend for the week my first thought was of Miranda Priestly. I love "The Devil Wears Prada". Every time I catch it on late night TV, I can't help myself.  In one scent editor brings up florals in a meeting about stories for the spring issue Miranda says (as she rolls her eyes)...

Florals? For spring? Ground breaking.

- Miranda Priestly "The Devil Wears Prada"

I have to say that I agree with Miranda. Florals for spring aren't new or ground breaking.  Usually I don't go for lots of florals.  In my closet right now I have four floral patterned items and my closet is big.  I have one blouse, a skirt, and two pairs of floral pants.  And until last summer I only had the blouse and skirt.  I fell in love with floral and printed pants and I can't stop wearing them. I got home from work so late that I didn't have time to take proper outside pics. Please excuse the low light.

Shirt/Jacket - Talbots (no longer available), T-Shirt - Target (no longer available), Belt - Talbots Outlet, Pants - Talbots Outlet, Shoes - Talbots (no longer available), Rings - Charming Charlie and Engagement Ring, Bracelets - c/o Kristin Biggs of Stella & Dot and gift, Watch - Armitron (gift)
I love pairing pretty, girly pieces with tougher pieces (but you already know that).  Toughening up these floral pants and pointy bow shoes with the cargo, shirt jacket just felt right.  It is a fun outfit to wear and really easy too.  


Check out the other ladies and their take on the floral trend:



Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...