Tuesday, January 8, 2013

MonoChrome Polka Dot Mani

I can't resist doing Google searches for fun new manicure ideas and new manis are always popping up on my Pinterest feed. I've seen lots of polka dot manis lately and wanted to try out doing one with my silver Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen.  I bought this pen a while ago and frankly, I haven't used it very much. What did I have to lose? If it looked terrible there is always polish remover nearby.  A subtle design was needed, since I have to work with clients this week (government clients).  I decided to go for a  monochromatic look with gray and silver.


 I started with Revlon Colorstay basecoat.  Then added three coats of Maybelline Color Show in Audacious Asphalt.  After that dried I drew in the polka dots with the Sally Hansen pen.  My left hand definitely looks better than my right.  But the right is pretty good.  I'm sure I could get the same look with nail stamping but I don't have a great polka dot stamp. Then I finished with two coats of top coat.

Natural Light

Office Light

It turned out great and I love the monochromatic look.  It's fun but subtle. More colors are definitely in order.





Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...