Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fall 2012 Runway Trends - Graphic Prints

Well my friends, this is the last installment of the Fall 2012 Runway Trends series.  Today we are taking a look at graphic prints. There are so many ways to wear prints, there is something for everyone.  There are supposed fashion rules about not wearing prints on body parts you don't like.  Well, you know I'm a rule breaker.  I'm definitely not a fan of my thighs and rear but my current favorite pair of pants, are these paisley print pants from Talbots Outlet.  I got them for a steal and I love them! Thanks to my friend Jennifer of Comme Coco for the photo!

Me at a CapFABB event, picture by Jennifer Jean-Pierre of Comme Coco
Outfit details:  vest - thrifted via Goodwill, shirt - Target (no longer available), pants - Talbots Outlet (no longer available), shoes - Neiman Marcus Last Call (available here on ebay), bag - vintage Coach (90's), necklace - c/o Stella & Dot (Alexandria necklace available here

I'm loving this trend. It's fun to add that cool print to your outfit.  Even if you don't want to wear pants or a skirt, try a top, bag or shoes.  There are lots of cute and colorful options out there.  Try something new. Be bold!


Fall 2012 Runway Fashion Trends - Graphic Prints
Click on the photo above for details.


I'm especially in love with this amazing trench coat.  A fantastic way to wear print, via the collar and hem.  The clutch would be a fun addition to your weekend wardrobe and a great choice if you just want to add a pop. If  you aren't sure what to try, pick one piece that you love and keep the rest of your outfit neutral.  That way you can ease into the trend and try it out.  If you are ready to mix patterns, give it a try, like I did above.  Try a stripe and a pattern or a small print with a large print.  If you aren't sure about the combo, try it on and take a photo. It's easier to be objective that way. 

I hope you've enjoyed this series.  More fun things to come this fall. I've been in a crazy DIY mode lately and I have lots of projects coming up soon.

What do you think?  Will you try to out graphic prints?





Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...