Monday, June 11, 2012

Fashion and Style Quote of the Day (#9)

I've always thought of the T-shirt as the Alpha and Omega of the fashion alphabet.
- Giorgio Armani




Giorgio Armani is known for his amazing dresses, gowns and beautifully tailored suits.  His personal daily uniform usually consists of black pants and a t-shirt.  I have to agree with Mr. Armani. I love all sorts of fashion but I adore a soft easy t-shirt.  It is a great base for a fantastic outfit.  There is always the choice of a basic v-neck or crew neck t-shirt (which are my favorites) or you can grab one with a little visual interest like runching or a peplum. I never pay more than $20 for a t-shirt, in fact most of my t-shirts cost less than $10.  I personally don't see the point in spending a ton for a basic shirt.  Many fashionistas sing the praises of  James Pearse.  His basic cotton t-shirts sell for about $65.  That's not practical for me.  Especially when I can get one at Old Navy for $5 or less, on sale.  Some of my go to t-shirts are from Old Navy.

My favorite t-shirt is made of Lyocell.  I got it at Target years ago.  They don't make that style any longer and I'm constantly on the hunt for one that is similar.  It's the perfect heather gray, it's soft, stretchy and has retained it's shape over the years and hasn't shrunk.  I don't have any other t-shirts in my wardrobe that have lasted so long.  It's amazing. Hopefully, I'll find a similar shirt sometime soon.

There are so many styles and fabric options available, there is a shirt for every style and budget.


T-Shirts The Perfect One...



A great t-shirt can show off your favorite jeans or dress down your fanciest skirt. You can wear one to the beach with shorts or to the office with a skirt.  T-shirts are truly one of my favorite wardrobe staples.






Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...