Monday, May 21, 2012

M is for Makeup and Monday

It's supposed to rain for the entire week here in DC.  I guess I can't complain since we had a beautiful weekend and it's supposed to be beautiful next weekend.  Rain really makes me feel blah so I'm going to try to boost my mood this week with some fun and color.  Today I thought I'd share with you some of my new favorite products.

I've made my love of the (fairly) new Revlon ColorStay Longwear nail enamel well known. It's truly the longest wearing nail polish I have ever found. I love the colors they have. Unfortunately, I'm a bit of a nail polish slut and I need more options than just those provided in this line.  I have however, been using the base and the top coat with all of my nail polish and it helps them all last almost as long as the Revlon Colorstay nail colors.  It's amazing!  Right now CVS is selling this polish for $4.99 and you will get $3 in CVS Extra Care Bucks with your first bottle.  It's like getting the polish for $1.99!  If you can find an in store tear pad coupon then it will cost just 99 cents! If you don't live in the DC area, check your local ad for details.



Since I've been wearing Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse Makeup, I've had lots of people ask me about my makeup.  I need a little extra coverage to even my skin tone as I've gotten a little older.  But I hate foundation that feels thick and heavy, especially as the weather gets warmer.  It's so light and still covers amazingly well. It gives my skin a pretty finish and I only use a grape size amount. I apply it with a brush.  I got this amazing foundation through a huge deal, using two coupons and also got ECBs back. 

I've been using the Revlon Photoready foundation with L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer. I don't use it as an all over primer because I like it more as a highlighter.  I put a tiny drop on my finger and blend it on my upper cheek bone and above my brow.  It gives my skin a pretty glow without looking sparkly.
 

From top:  Show Me Some Skin and Jewelry Heist
Jewelry Heist over Show Me Some Skin - LOVE this combo

Back in the winter, Wet 'n Wild came out with a new line of polishes called Spoiled.  They are sold exclusively at CVS for $1.99.  For inexpensive polishes they are good quality and come in an amazing color selection (link to the selection on vampyvarnish.com).  CVS has had quite a few sales recently (Buy Two get One Free and 99 cents each, on different weeks).  I've tried out several colors and I'm loving them for the quality and price. When I apply them along with the Revlon ColorStay base and top coats, they have great staying power. Without Revlon, they tend to last about the same time as the average polish.

Those are just a few of my new favorites.  Which products are you loving right now?





Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...