Friday, May 18, 2012

Frugal Fashion Friday - Casual Sparkles

Fridays always make me think of versatile outfits that I can wear while I'm out doing errands and then go out to dinner and drinks later.  This outfit is just that. It combines casual day time elements with night time sparkle. You don't have to limit your sparkly pieces to evening.  My favorite way to wear sequins during the day is by dressing them down with tough and casual pieces.  Today I'm also doing another link up with Friday's Fancies on {long distance loving}. The challenge today was chambray and it fits perfectly with the casual sparkle of today's outfit.

The tunic style and roll up sleeves on this chambray shirt from Target, give it versatility.

I love the rose gold color of this sequin skirt by Lela Rose for HSN

Frye 8R Engineer boots are a classic. I love how they lend a casual rocker vibe to the sparkly skirt. They are a bit on the pricey side but these boots will last for many years and you know I value quality and cost per wear.

Mixing metals, sparkles, and adding tough spikes and a snake are a compliment to the boots.

A lady like bag with motorcycle boots is fun and this Twist Lock Crossbody bag from Forever 21 will make running errands or standing at the bar easier.

I'm loving Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter. Sweet Tart is my favorite color.


With temps in the mid 70's lately in DC, this outfit will be perfect from day to night. I can't wait to wear it!   How do you wear chambray?

I'm sure you noticed that all of the jewelry I picked for this outfit is from Stella & Dot.  They have great jewelry and the quality is fantastic. I've just partnered with stylist Kristin Biggs of Stella & Dot to bring you some great new jewelry and some surprises.  I can't wait to share them with you.  Check out my instagram feed followgram to see the Femme Fatale necklace and Nouvelle ring I was sporting yesterday.  I'll be featuring them in an outfit post soon.


Happy Friday Real Girls!






Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...