Thursday, May 3, 2012

Fashion and Style Quote of the Day (#8)


"I think there is beauty in everything. What ‘normal’ people would perceive as ugly, I can usually see something of beauty in it." — Alexander McQueen
 
 

The world lost an amazing talent and visionary when Alexander McQueen took his own life on February 11, 2010.  His thinking that you can see beauty in things that many find ugly or strange is a great lesson.  I think beauty can be found in all sorts of places. I have long been in love with his Gothic style and use of skulls in his designs. I've been trying to recreate his knuckle clutch and I'm still working on it.
 



The coolest cuff links ever!

Feathers and more feathers, WOW!

The details in this ruffle dress are amazing.


You might recognize the peacock dress above from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. Fleur Delacour wore it as her wedding dress when she married William Weasley.  I personally love this dress.  I think it would be an amazing wedding dress and I may have to take some cues from it when making my own.


Lest you think that McQueen only designs gowns and red carpet attire, here is a dress a Real Girl could wear to an event.  A Real Girl with a huge fashion budget, I might add.

 
The house of McQueen also created Kate Middleton's dress for the royal wedding. Sarah Burton from the house of McQueen and protege of Alexander was the designer. 
 
 
Do you love McQueen? 


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...