Monday, April 9, 2012

In Your Easter Bonnet

Over the weekend, we went to visit my Mom. She lives in a rural area of Virginia. She and my Dad moved back to the area where they grew up, when they retired. It's a beautiful part of the state and since they sold my childhood home, this area is home to me. Many of my relatives live close and I went to college near by.

Jacket - Target (no longer available), Dress - Donna Rico via alight (no longer available), Bag - vintage, Shoes - Ferragamo via Goodwill, Necklace - Target (no longer available), Earrings - JewelMint. Bracelets - F21 and gift, Watch - Relic via Kohl's, Nails - Wet n' Wlld Spoiled Lox-y Lady, Lips - Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter Sweet Tart
When I visit Mom, I dress pretty casual. We are usually helping her with repairs and things around the house and on her property. We also go walking and hiking on trails close to her house. There isn't much call for stilettos and sequin skirts. On Sunday we went to Easter service at Mom's church and I took the opportunity to dress up a little. We watched the kids hunt for eggs before church and then attended the lovely service. After service, we went home and had a yummy lunch prepared by my Mom.  The weather was perfect and it was a great day (and weekend) with family.



I also tried out a new hairstyle. The fun of having long hair is the ability to change up my style. I get tired of the same old ponies and up dos.  This faux bob was a fun and easy option.  I curled my fine hair to give it some volume and waves and sprayed it with a small amount of hair spray.  I love L'Oreal Elnett hairspray because it gives great hold without being sticky or crazy stiff and brushes out easily. I took sections about two inches wide and rolled them under with my fingers. I left a few pieces around the front hanging to give it some interest.  Then I spritzed it with hairspray one last time.






Several years ago I stopped at a little antique shop, on the way to my parent's house.  Small town antique shops have some of the best items I've found when it comes to accessories.  I think this is because many people go to these shops looking for furniture and dishes. This little bag is one of my favorite finds.  It has a tiny bit of wear on the inside of the handle but otherwise it's perfect. It also holds a bit more than just your lipstick and some money.



I snagged this necklace a couple of years ago at Target, prior to an event. I usually wear it as a bracelet (here). . 



I hope you all had a fantastic weekend.  Happy Monday!



Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...