Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fashion and Style Quote of the Day (#7)

“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.” ~Coco Chanel


I think I've told you all that I am part of great local group called the Capital Fashion and Beauty Bloggers (CapFABB).  It's an amazing group of people who not only love fashion and beauty items but have diverse backgrounds, ideas, careers, and personalities.  I've met so many incredible people because of blogging.



The members of CapFABB constantly inspire me.  I thought I'd share just a few of their blogs with you. Be sure to click on the link to see the full list. They are full of amazing fashion, style and ideas.  This time I'm going to highlight some of the things I love about them that have nothing to do with fashion.  Be sure to check out their blogs and all they have to say.  I only picked four this time but never fear, I'll feature more in the future. 

Wardrobe Oxygen - Alison's love of music
My friend Alison is the reason I'm a member of CapFABB. Back in the day when they were a fledgling list serve, she invited me to join.  My how CapFABB has grown. Among the many reasons I think she's great, is her love of music. She highlights great bands, festivals, and turns me on to new music constantly. Her beautiful family is always part of her blog. She also gives her insight on being more green and earth friendly. Her smile and positive attitude are contagious.

Apollinas - Beautiful (and I'm sure yummy) cakes that Apollina makes
Apollina is a lawyer and in her spare time she bakes beautiful cakes.  Hopefully, one day I'll get to taste one.  Can't you see that one above in our wedding colors? She makes baking seem easy and her positive and fun attitude make her blog so enjoyable. She's also a fellow bride to be. I'm really enjoying tidbits on her wedding planning.

BiblioMOMia - Her love of poetry and literature
She's a Ph.D. candidate in Literature and her feature "Sunday Words" is one of my favorites.  She selects beautiful and special poetry.  She has great ideas and encouragement for Mom's everywhere. 


The Domestic Dandy - Jeffrey's beautiful decorating ideas
Lest you think that CapFABB members are only women, I thought I'd introduce you to Jeffrey, The Domestic Dandy.  He highlights creative and many times simple decorating projects.  I love his super easy candle bling project! His sense of humor always makes me giggle. 


Be sure to check out these fantastic blogs and bloggers.  I know you'll love them as much as I do!


photo credits (top to bottom): CapFABB, Wardrobe Oxygen, Apollinas, BiblioMOMia, The Domestic Dandy




Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...