Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sandals for Everyone - aka FU Mother Nature

Last week I was running around sporting my cute new silver Nine West wedge sandals. On Monday morning I woke up to a freezing house and the weather report saying that the DC area would have highs around 46 degrees for the day.  Folks living in western Maryland and West Virginia could look forward to snow!  It's April Mother Nature! Are you giving us the finger? Are you laughing at us mere mortals who are packing away our winter coats? The weather was absolutely beautiful on Saturday.  Sunday we got rain and then Monday, BRRR! In honor of my love of warm weather and my wish that it will be warm again soon I've picked some of my favorite low priced sandals of the spring and summer. Wishful internet shopping all around!




During the summer I live in flat sandals.  I have to admit, I'm not a flip flop girl.  Flip flops are great at the beach but I don't wear them unless I'm around the pool or the ocean.  I prefer sandals with straps.Just because I love the flats doesn't mean I forgo the drama.  Extras like fun colors, tassels, rosettes, metallics, animal prints, and embellishments give me the fun without a heel. 

I hadn't planned to include any heels in this post.  My heart always gravitates toward the beautiful high heels but when I go to my closet, I come away with the flats.  That's why I love wedges and small platforms.  They feel higher but with more stability.  I can't do the 2 inch plus platforms.  My weak ankles take those as an invitation to kiss the ground.  I roll my ankle every time. But I thought I'd show you girls who love the flats, what I use as a compromise.  

I also hadn't planned to feature any shoes over $50 but I just had to include the Mrkt Holly Suede Sandal.  I bought this very sandal last summer in nude.  I love it!  The foot bed is soft, the platform and heel are forgiving which make them easy to walk in and stay in all day. This season DSW has them in cobalt and fuchsia. 



Are you buying new sandals this spring?  What is on your list?



Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...