Thursday, December 15, 2011

Frugal Fashion Friday - My Recent Thrift Store Haul

My love of thrifting is no secret.  I think it's an amazing way to find one of a kind items without breaking the bank. You know the old saying, "One girl's trash is another girl's treasure."  Yeah I know the original saying used "man" but this is Real Girl Runway. I have hit the jackpot lately on my thrift store runs.

For the last few years, My Honey and I have been giving homemade gift baskets to friends and family for the Holidays.  We spend the week before Christmas making all sorts of goodies and then assemble decorated baskets to give.  This year, all of the baskets we are using came from the thrift store!  We got unique baskets and bins for just a few dollars a piece.





The first weekend in December my sister and I went to a fun event at Goodwill in Maryland.  My friend the DC Goodwill Fashionista hosted a Holiday get together. We got to shop the store before it was open to the public. My sister got a pair of suede pants for only $7!  I found a lavender boucle jacket (so Chanel) for $6 and  a vintage leather and suede Coach bag (80's vintage) for only $19!! It's a style that they don't make any longer, which makes the find even more exciting.









When decorating for the Holidays this year, I decided to change it up a bit.  We don't have a large tree. We use a fun table top, silver and fiber optic tree.  It's perfect for us and we love the colors.  The colorful tree inspired me to decorate the house in a blue and silver palette this year.  I went to Goodwill and found a bunch of mismatched candlesticks and a tray that I'm going to paint silver.






Once I'm finished with the decorating, I'll do a little post to show you how I've incorporated all of my Goodwill finds.

Happy Friday Real Girls!!


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...