Wednesday, November 16, 2011

BeautyMint - The New Word in Skincare

A few months ago, I heard about a new beauty and skin care line by the company that broughy us JewelMint and StyleMint. This new company, BeautyMint is a collaboration between skin care expert and aesthetician Nerida Joy and Jessica Simpson.



I was asked by BeautyMint to review the main products in their line.  The line launched on October 31 so I was thrilled to be one of the first to try their products.  I’ve been using them for about two weeks now.  I wanted to give them a real try out before posting a review. Based on information from dermatologists, two weeks isn’t enough time to see the full benefits of a new skincare regimen.  I’m going to give you my feedback so far and in a few weeks, I’ll do a follow up.
BeautyMint asked me a few questions and sent products to me.  However, I decided to register, just like you all will do if you decide to join BeautyMint.  I started by completing the skin consultation. The consultation asks a detailed list of questions.  The only drawback I saw was that my answers may have been a combination of a few answers.  Checking more than one reply wasn't an option.
I found the results and recommendations to be accurate to my needs and skin concerns.  I received the comprehensive 4 piece system ($39.99 + S&H).  The advanced 5 piece system includes eye cream ($49.99 + free shipping). The 4 piece system included Essential Cleanser, Stregthening Hydrator, Sculpting Treatment, and Ultra Replenishing Serum. 

The BeautyMint Products I Received

I've been using the products daily for about two weeks and I like the way my skin is responding so far.  Fine lines are my biggest worry and they sent me the related products.  I am seeing some smoothing which is a good sign. You all know that I wear spf daily and I was happy to see that the daily moisturizer included spf.


Cleanser - clear with no perfumes



Sculpting Treatment - Gel like liquid



Ultra Replenishing Serum - An opaque serum with moisturizers

PROS
  • The products were free of perfumes and dyes. I loved this because I have sensitive skin.
  • Natural ingridients like aloe and marine collagen are used in the products.
  • My skin is responding well to these products.  I like the way the make my skin feel smoother.
  • The Ultra Replenishing Serum is my favorite. The intense moisturizer instantly hydrates and it works well at night and under make up.
  • There is a 30 day money back guaratee. If you don't like a product or products you can return them within 30 days for a full refund (minus S&H).
CONS
  • I would like a higher spf in the Strengthening Hydrator.  Based on a recommendation from my Dermatologist, I used spf 50, daily.
  • Products can't be ordered individually.  I know the products are meant to be used together.  However, I would like to be able to order individual products if I run out of one item or want to try another item. 
  • I would like to be able to order both eye creams individually instead of having them bundled with the skin care regimen.
As you can see most of my cons are not about the products themselves but about ordering and obtaining products.  I know I'm not the norm when it comes to spf use and spf 15 is the standard for most over the counter moisturizers. Overall, I thought the products were good and like the way they worked with my skin. If you want to try a new skin care regimen, BeautyMint  provides good skincare products at a good value.

I will continue to use BeautyMint for the next couple weeks. Most skin care recommendations say that you should give new products at least 4 to 6 weeks to see results. I'll let you know my final results in a future post.

NOTE: BeautyMint sent me their products and kindly asked that I review them on RGR. The opinions
expressed here are my own and are not influenced by BeautyMint.


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...