Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pretty Kitty

I have loved nail polish strips for a long time. A couple of years ago I stumbled across the Incoco brand. At the time they had some cool colors but no patterns. Sephora has a line but I think their strips are too thick. This year Sally Hansen came out with their version which included patterns an solids. I chose the leopard print, Kitty Kitty. My next choice will be Misbehaved. The fishnet pattern is so cool.
They are easy to apply and long lasting. The only downfall is the price. The $8 - $12 per package is a little steep for a home manicure. They last for about a week (or more) which helps with the cost. My salon manis usually only last a couple days. So I'm saving money with polish strips.
The kit comes with 16 strips, an orange stick, a nail file buffer and instructions. I have small nails and I was able to fit my nails or trim the strip to fit.

There are a few simple steps to application:
  1. Select a strip for each nail.
  2. Using the file, shape and buff each nail.
  3. Clean your nails using polish remover.
  4. Remove the protective coating from the strip and press on your nail.
  5. Fold the strip over the end of your nail and trim by filing in a downward motion.
  6. Repeat with each nail.

PROS
  • Easy to apply.
  • No drying time.
  • Long lasting.

CONS
  • Cost
  • Limited solid shades

I have found coupons in the past, which help with the cost. I've gotten them from magazines and through Google searches. The Incoco brand has tons of solid shades. They are hard to find in stores but can be ordered. I think I will just save polish strips for manicures when I want a fun pattern.
I love the results. Have you ever used polish strips? If not, will you try them?


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...