Friday, September 16, 2011

Frugal Fashion Friday - Just One Item

Back in the spring I did a series titled "Spring Picks for the Budget Girl".  I picked my must have items for the spring and summer season.  The weather has started to cool a little and it has me thinking about transitioning my spring and summer items into fall. I don't have a big budget to buy tons of new items.  There are lots of great trends for fall including, fur, polka dots, lady like bags, maxis, high heeled loafers, and utility boots. 

Since I purchased these items back in the spring, mixing them now and adding just one new item per outfit is a great budget strategy.  I will get more wear out of clothes I already love and  adding a single new trend item will make me feel like I have a brand new outfit. 


The breton striped top, wide leg jeans (swapped out for a white skirt), and lady like bag from spring get an update just by switching out the shoes for a high-heeled loafer.


High Heeled Loafters



A maxi skirt, with a sheer sweater, and neutral booties can transition into fall with a faux fur vest.

Faux Fur Vest




A bright dress, biker jacket and bangles, can make a fall statement with some tights and a pair of utility boots.



Utility Boots



I love these three fall trends. They are fun and can be worn with all types of outfits. They'll give me lots of wear all fall and bring something new to my wardrobe. These trends may not be your favorites but that's the beauty of fashion. Pick the things that you love. I'll be posting more of my fall picks soon.

How are you going to update your spring and summer wardrobe with only a few items?

NOTE: Some of the items in the sets above may be out of stock.  They were items I featured in my previous posts and I wanted to be consistent.  If you already have them in your closet, that's great. If you don't, try mixing in one new item with your favorite outfits.


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...