Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I'm Obsessed Thank You Very Much - Vintage Inspired Glasses

Luckily for most of my life I've had good eyesight. It wasn't until I started working on computers daily that I began wearing glasses often.  Then as I got older, I've had to have glasses for reading. Growing up, I always wanted to be cool or what I thought at the time was cool.  I wouldn't have thought that the glasses I'm obesessed with and loving today were cool (back then).  You know the ones, the black wayfarer style synonymous with guys wearing pocket protectors. My dad had a pair back in the 50's and 60's, when he was an engineering major.  I can't help it, I love them. I'm obsessed! I found a great pair of reading glasses at Loehmann's but I need a pair in my own prescription.




Even celebs have gotten on the the bandwagon.















I'm sure I can find any number of frames at a local optician. In the interest of doing good with my purchases, I'm planning to try Warby Parker.  Their glasses are affordable, at only $95 per pair. They will even send five pairs to try on at home for free!  The best part of Warby Parket is that for each pair of glasses purchased, they donate a pair to someone in need. Their vintage inspired frames are fantastic! 

Here are a few of my favorites...

Crosby
 
Fillmore


Winston


Once I get my prescription, I'm headed right over to the Warby Parker website to order my glasses to try on at home.  What do you think? Would you wear this style or pass?



Note: I wasn't compensated by Warby Parker. I just love their glasses and their mission.


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...