Thursday, August 18, 2011

Easy Weekend with Flair ala JewelMint

When I was younger I would haul ridiculously large suitcases with me for weekend getaways.  I'd take a ton of clothes and only wear a few items. Years of travelling, hauling my own suitcase and TSA restrictions have turned me into a traveller that can pack for a weekend in a small carry-on bag. That means easy to pack items, double duty clothes and accessories to spice up my looks.

You all know my love and obsession with JewelMint. I love their jewelry. Every month I have to decide how many of the new pieces I can afford.  When my friends at JewelMint offered me the chance to choose three of their amazing pieces to style for a weekend trip, I jumped at the chance. Inspired by the Egyptian influences in some of the July pieces, I picked a ring, earrings and a necklace.  The pieces I chose were the Scarab ringIsis earrings, and the Farrah necklace.  One of my favorite pieces of jewelry is a vintage scarab bracelet given to me by my dad and the Scarab ring is a modern take on that bracelet.

When choosing the items to style, I wanted pieces that could be worn together or separately and I love the possibilities in the Farrah necklace.  I styled three looks using all three pieces. Since I received my new jewelry I've worn them toether but I've also worn these stand out pieces alone at various times. 

For a day time look I paired a simple white tee with a flowy skirt, scarf and sandals. The JewelMint pieces compliment the look and give a little bit of an Egyptian touch.

Insprired by Ancient Egypt and JewelMint

Tee - Old Navy, Skirt - Lane Bryant, Scarf - Goodwill, Sandals - Simply Vera Vera Wang for Kohl's



Combining a halter style tankini, a sarong and the JewelMint pieces, I created a chic look for a pool party or the beach. I decided to wear the Farrah necklace as a bracelet to give the look a bit of a different flair.
Exotic Touches with JewelMint

Takini - Target, Sarong - Beach shop in Key West




Farrah Necklace as a bracelet, Scarab Ring - c/o JewelMint

  

Inspired by the caftans of Morocco I chose a comfortable maxi dress for an evening look. I added some strappy wedges and the JewelMint pieces but tied the Farrah necklace as a bit of a choker.

Arabian Nights with JewelMint

Farrah Necklace as a choker

I have a special offer for you my dear readers.  Do you love these JewelMint pieces or want to see more? Compliments of my friends at JewelMint, they are offering you 50% off of your first piece of JewelMint jewelry, for one week only! 

You'll take a quick style quiz and then you'll get personalized recommendations from JewelMint stylists. They have great new pieces each month. Every piece of jewelry is just $29.99 which includes beautiful packaging and free shipping.

Click on the link and when you check out, just enter the code below.

RealGirlRunway50

Code expires: 8/25/2011


Using easy to pack pieces and great jewelry, I created three outfits for a weekend trip.  The beauty is that some items can be changed up depending on your plans. How do you pack for a weekend getaway?


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...