Sunday, July 31, 2011

Relaxing In Our Retreat

Since I spent the weekend here...
here...
and here...
and they are all in my backyard, I put little effort into my outfits or styling. I wore no make up and pulled my hair back.
I lived all weekend in a swim suit and sarong.
I thought instead of outfit photos I'd share a few shots of our backyard oasis. My Honey and I have worked hard to make it feel like a vacation at home. I love to travel. But doing things like decorating our outside living/dining room, repainting old patio tables (little table in the third picture) to look new and creating a comfy space for friends and family makes our backyard feel like a vacation every day. No, it's not just the pool that makes me feel like that, although it helps.

The cost of having a pool has severely limited our travel budget. We have to save all year to be able to run the pool during the summer. Knowing that it's a daily retreat lessens the pain of budgeting and fewer trips. The decorating we've done has been on a budget. It's amazing what a can of spray paint can do and what great deals you can find at the end of the season. We've found bright outdoor candles and torches, fun pillows and soft cushions for old plastic chaise lounges, all on sale. Space is nice but you can do the same in a small space. I used to have similar backyard retreat at my little town house, minus the pool. Cozy DIY touches can transform a space. I highly recommend creating your own little oasis.


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...