Saturday, July 30, 2011

Fashion, Fun and Friendship

One of the most beautiful things about the DC area is the diversity. That fact was never more evident than at the event I went to last night. I attended a mixer and meet up for the DC Fashion and Beauty Bloggers. It's a group of people (many bloggers but others as well) who love fashion and beauty and live in the DC area. I'm so thankful that my friend Allison of Wardrobe Oxygen turned me on to this great group. I got to meet so many great women last night. They were from all walks of life, different shapes, sizes, nationalities and all fun and interesting.

The event was held at Carbon in DC. Carbon is a eco-friendly clothing boutique in the Woodley Park area of the city. There were also designers present. I met Gingie McLeod of SAINTCHiC, Liam Michael of Liam Michael Shoes, Nora Fischer of Nora Fischer Designs and Jenny of KOLTON J. Carbon has so many beautiful clothes and accessories. If you love cutting edge design and want to be ecologically responsible, this is the boutique for you. They even have photographs from local photographers adorning the walls. Thanks to Carbon for hosting us!

I decided not to lug my big camera to the event. Unfortunately, I only got a few pictures and they aren't great. Please indulge me. Included in the pictures are just a few of my favorite local bloggers. At the end is a full list of some of the great fashion blogs of DC.

Click HERE to see a picture of Allison and I on her blog, Wardrobe Oxygen.You have to scroll down a little. Check out her outfit first. She's so chic!  I met lots of great women, that I've been wanting to meet, fellow bloggers whose blogs I read regularly.


DCFABBers chatting about fashion at Carbon

Lisa of The Quarterlife and Alina of The Hyperbalist


These beautiful and blurry women are...
Lacey of A Lacey Perspective, Allison of Wardrobe Oxygen and Robrette of Weight-A-Minute







Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...