Tuesday, April 5, 2011

30 Days of Beauty - I am beautiful because...



I'm a little late in starting but I'm embarking on a great idea that was started by Jen Fromal (The Smashed Planet) and Jen Saunders (My Smiling Heart). It's called 30 Days of Beauty. From Jen Saunder's blog: My Smiling Heart she describes the challenge:

"30DaysOfBeauty is a lifestyle experiment designed to boost self-esteem and encourage women (and men!) to see how truly beautiful they are – and raise money for a good cause in the process! Everybody wins!"

For thirty days, through blogs, tweets and messages, they are trying to spread the message of self-love and self-worth.  They also aim to raise money for an amazing cause, To Write Love on Her Arms. The mission of TWLOHA is to presen hope and find help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery. You can make a donation here at this link.

I'll be tweeting daily and posting blog entries about my journey. I started posting outfit pictures to increase my own self-esteem and self-worth.  This is a great step in my journey.  Please help me support TWLOHA as well.  It's an amazing organization that is dear to my heart. I am close to people who are struggling and TWLOHA can help bring awareness and programs to this struggle.

You can also help by spreading the word.  Post a tweet and add the hash tag #imbeautifulbecause at the end of your tweet.

I'll post more soon.


NOTE: I am not an official representative of TWLOHA. I just think it's a cause worth supporting. Please read more and decide for yourself.


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...