Monday, February 14, 2011

Ten Feet Tall

Even though I consider myself very girly, I don't consider myself a romantic. Don't get me wrong, I love to love and be loved. It's the most important thing in life. I just don't think you need a designated day to show that love to your special someone. My Honey has tried to get me to see the romantic light. I'm really trying. So before Christmas I purchased a cruise on the Potomac, a dessert cruise for two. There is really no way to go wrong with cocktails, chocolate and a beautiful sunset on the water. It was a Christmas gift but I scheduled our trip for February 13. I thought it would be a great Valentine's Day outing.

We don't ever go out to eat on Valentine's Day. We both spent years toiling away in restaurants. Valentine's Day is the single busiest day of the year in a restaurant. Waiting hours for a table or sitting in an over crowded restaurant is bad mojo in our house. Because of that we usually spend the night at home and go out the weekend before. Last night we had dessert before dinner. Dessert cruise followed by dinner from Five Guys. I know, you can't stand it. We are too cool right? I even got a little dressed up for the occasion.


Jacket - Torrid, Dress - asos, Boots - Torrid,
Necklace - Lalique, Ring - Kohls, Bag - Details of Occoquan


The detail of the photo I took yesterday doesn't do this pendant justice. After a little web search I found a better picture. I love the detail in the woman's face and the scroll work around her. I purchased it quite a few years ago on a trip to Paris. The pendant is made  by Lalique and it's called "Masque de Femme". They still sell this exact piece and I was in shock when I saw the current price ($450 - $575). I promise my blog friends, I didn't pay that much. Not even close. In fact, I paid a little over $100 for my pendant. It was a bit of a splurge but Lalique is uniquely French and I didn't know if I'd ever return to Paris. I still think it's beautiful and I'm so happy I splurged.




Every time I carry this little bag someone asks where they can get one.  When I got it, there wasn't another one in the store. However, if you live near or are visiting Occoquan, VA, be sure to stop by Details of Occoquan. They have so many cute items and they carry clothing sizes 2 - 22!




Happy Heart Day everyone!  Make sure to keep that feeling going year round. Tell your special someone you love them every day.


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...