Saturday, February 26, 2011

21 Guns

During the trip to NYC that my sister I made in September, we saw the amazing Broadway show, American Idiot. As you know, from my post titles, music is a huge part of my life. I'd been listening to the album constantly since it came out and couldn't wait to see the show. I've seen many Broadway shows in my life and grew up listening to my parent's records of musicals like West Side Story, South Pacific and The Sound of Music. This one was different from traditional Broadway musicals in a fantastic way. It was all about the music and the story, with little to no dialogue. I loved the show and can't wait to take my Honey to see it. I've included a video of 21 Guns by Green Day and the cast at the end of this post.

As a nod to the show, I've added a few punk touches, as well as my own two guns to this outfit.

Jacket - Thrifted, Shirt - Old Navy, Jeans - Lane Bryant, Shoes - asos,
Belt - Lane Bryant, Necklace - DIY, Bracelets - gifts, K-Mart, Kohls, Watch - Target





I thought I lived in DC, not Chicago but we have been having crazy widstorms. They got up to 60 miles an hour yesterday. There is no hope for hair in wind like that.




Because I'm dying for Spring to arrive, I've been seeking out bright make-up colors. I found this great pink lipstick.  It's Revlon Colorburst in Candy Pink. I have to admit, I've never like Revlon lipsticks. I'm very picky when it comes to the smell and taste of lipstick. It it's the least bit chemical, I can't wear it. The Colorburst line is very creamy and has a nice scent and little to no flavor. Most of my make-up is Mary Kay. But I can't resist walking the make-up aisles at the drugstore.


And now for your musical entertainment, Green Day and the cast of American Idiot.



Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...