Goodwill is much more than great buys and donations. The staff in their stores are working through the job and employment programs provided by Goodwill. They also provide career training and job programs in conjunction with other companies and businesses.
- Did you know, when you donate used goods to Goodwill, you keep waste out of area landfills while helping people find jobs!
- Did you know, With each new store and donation center Goodwill opens, 25-30 new jobs are created!
- Did you know, you can round up the total of your purchase at any DC area Goodwill store and all of that money will go directly to Goodwill programs.
- Did you know, Goodwill provides free job training programs, job fairs, and has four career centers in the DC metro area.
- Did you know, DC Goodwill hosts an annual pop-up shop and fashion show, where all of the items sold and in the show were donated to Goodwill stores across the DC area.
I've found so many great items at Goodwill that I couldn't possibly show them all to you. Follow me on instagram and Facebook to see more of my finds.
|The caftan I scored at the Goodwill pop-up shop.|
|I love Goodwill for vintage Coach bags and designer shoes!|
|I give new life to items (like these bookends from Goodwill), with spray paint.|
|Goodwill is a great place to score home decor, for a steal.|
|Goodwill is one of my favorite places to find great t-shirts.|
|We even created over 200 candle holders for our wedding, using glasses purchased at Goodwill. (DIY details here)|
I'd love to see some of your Goodwill purchases. If you post them to twitter or instagram, be sure to tag me ( @realgirlrunway for both ) and use the hashtag #sharethegood.
Happy Friday and Happy Thrifting, Real Girls!