Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Latest Drugstore Beauty Favorites

I'm a self-professed product junkie. I love trying the latest and greatest. Needs and wants change and because of that, I am flexible with my beauty routine and the products I use and try. There are some items that I stick with, no matter what (like my Cle de Peau concealer).  Some new products disappoint but others are standouts. I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you.



Latest Drugstore Beauty Favorites
Click the photos above for buying information.

 
  1. Revlon Age Defying CC Cream - A favorite magazine raved about this CC cream. I love the coverage but it's not too heavy. I like CC creams in the summer because they are lighter than the traditional foundation I tend to use during the winter months. They are also one step with color, moisturizer and sunscreen, all in one. I've tried BB creams and CC creams. This is my favorite, so far.
  2. Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain - This isn't a new product but I love the bright pink of the color, Lovesick. It has staying power and is a perfect bright summer pink. If bright colors aren't you, there are some pretty neutrals and lighter pinks.
  3. Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream - It's super moisturizing for my dry cuticles and it smells great.
  4. Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover - I think this is the holy grail of drugstore eye makeup removers. It removes even the most stubborn waterproof mascara without pulling. Even though it's oil-free it's still moisturizing.
  5. Goody Tanglefix Brush - My fine hair tangles easily. When I was a kid my Mom battled with the horrible tangles in my hair. There were always tears. Now, due to the medicines I take and coloring my hair (getting gray sucks), my hair breaks easily. This brush is amazing! It works on dry or wet hair, with very little tugging. A friend who is African American told me that it also works great for her.
  6. Tea Tree Oil - I mostly use this for my dry scalp. I mix a little with my conditioner, massage it in and rinse. It's also great for dry skin, sun exposure and many other things. A little goes a long way.  My first bottle lasted forever.
  7. John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo - Adding blonde into my hair is great but it is drying. This shampoo helps to tame the fly aways and keep my hair strong.
  8. L'Oreal Total Repair Extreme Recovery Mask - This is the thickest conditioner I've ever used. After my latest ombre coloring, the ends of my hair looked fried. Instead of giving in and getting the damage cut off, I tried an old technique. When I was teen, on the swim team, I used to douse my hair in conditioner at night, wrap it in a bandanna and rinse it when I woke up in the morning. I tried this technique on just the ends of my hair, using this treatment. It's working. My hair is looking better. It's shiny again and doesn't look damaged.
The most expensive product on the list is the Revlon CC cream. It's $13.99 but a small amount does your entire face. All of the rest of the products are under $10. I love beauty at a bargain!

Do you have any favorite drugstore products?



Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...