Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Styling the Basics - Weekend Edition

I feel like it's been a long week already, which is very sad, since it's only Tuesday. I'm already longing for the weekend. I decided to appease my weekend desire and style some of the basic foundation pieces I told you about last week. As I told you these foundation pieces are like a blank canvas for accessories. Just by adding different touches you can change an entire look.

Styling the Basics - Weekend Casual
Click the items for buying information.


For me, weekends call for easy walking shoes and layers. I'm usually doing lots of things, activities for organizations, errands, and maybe lunch out with friends. I don't always have time to run home to change, so my outfit has to work for everything. This one works because it's comfortable and stylish but casual enough for the weekend. The bag is great for errands and the standout jacket gives it punch for lunch out with friends. I snagged this jacket, over the weekend at Target (with a left over Christmas gift card). I can't stop wearing it.

Styling the Basics - Rock Concert

 


Styling the Basics - Date Night


Just by changing up the shoes, bag and jewelry, this versatile black dress goes from rock show to a date night dinner. The leather jacket and booties give the dress a rocker vibe. The cross body bag works to keep my hands free at a show, where I may be standing the whole night. Swap out the booties for heels and the cross body bag for a clutch. Add some sparkly jewelry and I'm ready for a fancy dinner with {msL}.

Accessories can be the least expensive items in your wardrobe. Starting with basic pieces, you can use them to totally change your look.



Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...