Friday, July 19, 2013

Frugal Fashion Friday - Making the Most of Seasonal Sales

The stores are full of sales right now. They are clearing out their spring and summer items to make room for fall and winter. It's the perfect time to grab items that you can wear now but also transition to fall. Two of my favorite stores for sales and items are Talbots and Nordstrom.  They both carry clothing in all size ranges and items that appeal to all styles and ages. I could have filled pages and pages with items I'd love to own but here are just a few of my favorites.

My Picks from Current Sales

 
I've been in love with these House of Harlow 1961 Chelsea sunglasses for ages. It's rare to find them on sale. Nordstrom just posted this color for $91. This flowy blouse is light enough for a summer evening but edgy with the added faux leather collar and cuffs. Wear it now with some shorts or later with pants. I had to throw in this awesome skull wrap bracelet. I love them, no matter the season. I rarely wear shorts, except for cut offs at the beach. I would consider wearing these longer Bermuda shorts and they'd even look cute when the weather begins to cool, with a blazer. Converse are seasonless and this edgier version with studs is great. I've been looking for a neutral tote. This Michael Kors design is sophisticated and versatile. Full skirts are flattering on all body types. I would wear this one with a graphic tee now and with a pretty sweater later. These printed pants will transition well from summer to fall. Just change up the topper and your shoes. You can also dress them up or down. There are so many ways to transition items from summer to fall. With just a change in the pieces you pair the item with, you can take it from warm weather to cool weather.

If you order, make sure to save even more by using a site like ebates.com. Ebates will pay you a cash % for each of your purchases. Just go to ebates before you shop, create an account and a select that retailer.  Also, search for free shipping or discount codes for your shopping by goggling the store name and discount code or free shipping.

Have you been eyeing any fun items during all of the sales?




Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...