Thursday, October 4, 2012

Inspiration - T-Shirts and Fancy Skirts

Lately, I've been loving the combo of a t-shirt and a fancy skirt.  I'm especially loving graphic tees with a fashion related or French saying.  Many of the blog popular shirts are crazy expensive.  Try $225 for one t-shirt!  I know, INSANE.  I created a board on Pinterest titled "Style I Should Try".  I pin photos there of outfits I love and want to emulate.  My love of this fancy casual outfit has made me want to expand my skirt and t-shirt wardrobe.  I've been looking for some great skirts and I just made a run to Old Navy for some new tees. These ladies are my inspiration.


Fancy Skirts and T-Shirts
Check out the links to these ladies by clicking the photo above. 



All of the ladies above have such great style. Their basic idea was the same, a t-shirt and a fancy skirt but they all have an amazingly different take on the concept.  Everything from the fantastic, over the top, feather skirt and cool graphic tee of Blair from Atlantic - Pacific to the sweet, flowy maxi and simple gray tee of Allie from Wardrobe Oxygen.  I love that each of them took the same basic idea and gave it her own twist. A couple weeks ago I went to a beauty event at Nordstrom and wore one of my favorite sparkly skirts and my vintage AC/DC t-shirt. I got lots of compliments and it was a chic but comfy outfit for a busy day. My sequin skirt is begging for the same treatment.

Old Navy is the best place for basics, like t-shirts.  They're inexpensive and the perfect canvas for a graphic t-shirt DIY.  My DIY is in the works.  I can't wait to show you the final results.

Over the weekend I visited one of my favorite stores for bargains, Talbots Outlet.  The entire store was $17.99 or less!  I got an amazing black and bronze, brocade skirt for only $17.99. I can't wait to pair it with my DIY t-shirt. 

What do you think of  pairing a fancy skirt and t-shirt?
 


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...