From top to bottom....
- My soon to be, sister in law Erin works for a sailing and boating company. She got us the rental of two kayaks for the week. That's Erin sitting in the kayak (and my other sister in law Mary, she coordinates our yearly trip).
- DIY ring made from copper wire. I made a quick trip the local hardware store on our first rainy day and grabbed some wire, pliers and other crafty items. DIY details coming soon.
- Sarah (my soon to be niece) standing in front of the wild horses. I snagged this one from her facebook page (thanks Sarah!).
- One of my beach hair styles. This one made me feel like a kid. I don't think I've worn pigtails in years. Glasses are Foster Grant from Walgreens (similar). Hat is Eugenia Kim for Target from a few years ago (seen here).
- Nightly, family volleyball game. The house we rent has a volleyball court on the attached lot. I didn't get any pictures but we also use the court for the BeerLympics. It's a crazy, drunken obstacle course that starts with holding a bat and turning in a circle ten times!
- All of our SUVs and Jeep lined up next to our towels and chairs. Our 4-wheel drive on the beach. In this section of the Outer Banks it's legal to drive your vehicle on the beach. It was an wonderful day.
- It's not crowded at all. I love these photos of my family in the distance walking on the beach and in the surf.
- Me with beach hair, french braided and posing with Liz. Swimsuit from Target (no longer available).
The beach is still calling but I'll have to be satisfied with pool time.