Thursday, March 29, 2012

What's In My Bag - Daytime Edition

I have an illness, it's called bag overcrowding. I carry big bags and have a terrible time keeping the stuff inside to a minimum. So I'm constantly cleaning out my bag. There are some items I can't live without. Whether it's a real or perceived need, if I don't have them in my bag, I feel like I'll need them. These are always in my day bag. I pair down a bit for evening or if I'm carrying a day clutch or smaller weekend bag.
My favorite newer bag. Calvin Klein hobo style. A gift from my sister.




  • Reading Glasses - I haven't worn glasses most of my life. Until I started spending so much time on my computer and reached a certain age. It seems like I woke up one day and suddenly I couldn't see anymore. My Honey has the same problem. 
  • Sunglasses - I have a bit of a sunglasses obsession. The shades I'm sporting change regularly. If I'm not careful, I'll end up with more than one pair in my bag.  
  • Gum - It squelches my hunger pangs and banishes coffee breath.  
  • Coach Wristlet - I'm almost never without this trusty friend. It holds my cash, license, ATM card, credit card, and the membership cards I use most often. I grab it when I don't want to carry my whole bag. 
  • Reusable Bag (with CVS tag) - I try to use this bag as often as possible. It helps me to be more green and if I use it at CVS it will earn me an ECB for every 4 uses. 
  • Headphones - They prevent me from being obnoxious to those around me who don't love my music as much as I do.  
  • Levenger Shirt Pocket Briefcase and my business cards - I love my iPhone but sometimes I need to jot a quick note or give someone information. This little tool is perfect. I even have cards with my name printed at the top. I also carry two different business cards so it's nice to have a place to store them. 
  • Mary Kay Compact - This little beauty holds lip gloss, blush, bronzer and mini brushes.  I customize it with my favorite colors and can change it on a whim. The colors are held in by magnets. It's great for an evening bag too. 
  • Beauty Case (with way too many lip colors) - I'm a confessed lip color junkie. I even change my color mid day sometimes. This bag holds lots of lip color, my favorite concealer, oil blotting papers, a Tide pen for my messiness, and of course tampons.
  • Wallet - This wallet holds the other credit cards I have (only 2), the bazillion membership cards to every store in the known universe, insurance cards, a couple of checks, and important receipts. This wallet was a gift to myself when I went to Paris. It was a big splurge at the time (2004) but I love it. 
  • I also carry my iPhone every day.  It's not in the picture because it's usually in my pocket and not in my bag.
What's in your bag?



Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...