Thursday, February 16, 2012

Moment of Lust - Celine Luggage Tote

Women's Wear Daily declared the Celine Luggage Tote, the 'It' bag of NY Fashion Week.  I've been lusting after this bag for a long while now. It's one of those classic bags that will never go out of style. It comes in lots of colors.  If you can get one, usually via a waiting list, you'll pay $2,500 or more.  I spotted one on Overstock.com for just $2,669.  Of course it was sold out but it's not like I would have grabbed my credit card, even if it were available.




In addition to being seen on many women walking into the shows at Fashion Week, magazine editors, and socialites, it has been on the arms of lots of celebrity fashion darlings.

Nicole Richie

Reese Witherspoon

Kourtney Kardashian


Leighton Meester


Until recently, my search to find a similar bag of good quality hadn't come close.   This time I'm being really picky. I want a bag that is leather and will last. Even though I can't afford the $2,500+ price tag, I still want a bag that has the same qualities. Then I heard about the J. Crew Tillary Tote. At $328 the bag is still pricey but it's leather, a classic style and there is nary a logo or trendy accessory in sight.  The Tillary has all of the markers of a long term investment bag. It comes in blue and tan.  I love the blue but either would be a great color I'd used often. Maybe it would be worth saving all of my shopping money over the next few months to purchase it.  If you are lucky enough to order it now, it will be shipped in May.  So even this great classic bag has a bit of a wait list.


J. Crew Tillary Tote







Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...