Friday, May 20, 2011

Flats fit for Weddings

I'm thrilled to have Bree of Capitol Romance guest blogging today! As you all know I'm wedding planning and have been looking for some flats to change into later in the evening. Bree's blog is full of fantastic ways to make your wedding unique and special. I'll be guest blogging on Capitol Romance next week.  When you finish reading Bree's post, be sure to pop over and check out her blog, including pictures of her own wedding. Bree and her husband Andy are two of the coolest people you'd ever hope to meet.  I promise, you'll love her blog, even if you aren't planning a wedding.

**********************************************************************

When it came time to find my shoes for my wedding this past November, I really only had one thing in mind: comfy flats. I have never been much of a heels girl (how do you walk in them ... let alone DANCE in them?) and I was always big on having all the attire and accessories in my wedding be reusable and able to be worn again. My bridesmaids got to wear whatever LBD they wanted and the groomsmen bought some sweet grey Volcom suits to match their black chucks, of course.

All the wedding attire was falling into place, but I had yet to find my shoes! I began my search while images of my sister's lonely white heels, lying in my parent’s spare bedroom for the past 3+ years started swimming into my mind. This only confirmed my notion that I wanted flats in a color and style that I knew I would wear again.

For the non-heeled brides like me, I figured it might help to find some inspiration pictures and other flat suggestions for my fellow flat-shoed friends to use in their search for the perfect wedding flats!

1. DC Bicycle Built For Two
One day I happened to be sale shopping (the only sort of shopping I do) at Free People and South Moon Under and found THE PAIR! Finally, the most adorable, satin-y flats for my own wedding! Behold, BC's Bicycle Built For Two. (ps- how adorable is that shoe name ... and pps- is it sad that sometimes I buy shoes for their names? Case in point, I bought a pair mainly because they were named ‘Breeann’ – my name...) They were PERFECT! Another bonus is that they also come in even more adorable shades of: purple, teal, or black.


2. Green Anthropologie Flats
Love me some Anthropologie flats in the most adorable shade of green. How perfect would these be if your flowers were sunflowers? They would match to a "T".



3. Multi-colored and varied patterns with a fantastic price!
Wedding-appropriate flats at DSW with a great price tag? Say no more:



4. Toms!!
And the bride wore ....TOMS! (and her bridesmaids did too!). Photo courtesy of Natalie Gibbs Photography. For more pictures of this awesome wedding & the Toms, see our feature here.


5. Something Blue


Or some extra sparkly blue flats, courtesy of James Reyes Photography



6. They Call Me Mellow Yellow
These yellow flats are adorable, perfect, and look so comfortable! The entire wedding is also something you most definitely want to take a look at, courtesy of Leo Druker Photography.




7. Pretty in Pink ~ Madeline Brand Flats
I love Madeline brand shoes – I own a few myself (super comfy) and actually made my bridesmaids buy these awesome hot pink Madeline shoes (they were heels … but they were all ok with that!).  How adorable are these “Wonderful Day” practically-flats which are also available in Navy! Love.


8. Blowfish is code for COMFORT
If you don’t own a pair of Blowfish shoes – then you are missing out. They are seriously some of the comfiest shoes I have ever owned. Here are some of my fav flats from them:


And finally ~ these nautically themed flats (Sandbox) would look amazing on a boat wedding!!


9. Polka Dots
I must admit that I searched for HOURS for polka dot flats for my own wedding before I found my satiny grey beauties mentioned earlier. I gave up after never finding any that fit what I was looking for or my budget. Now as I search for this post, I have found PERFECT polka dot flats for a wedding. How amazing are these by way of Rocket Dog??

10. Vintage meets Budget
This incredibly gorgeous vintage bride (and wedding!) went with flats from Charlotte Russe! See – you don’t need to spend a fortune on your shoes to look good. Photo courtesy of Elizabeth Anne Designs and shot by Rebekah J Murray.



Hope you all enjoyed my ideas and inspirations for wearing flats for your wedding day!  Be comfortable all day on your big day, but still be stylin’!

Thanks so much to Deb for letting me guest post on her awesome blog! Best, Bree of Capitol Romance


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...