Sunday, March 13, 2011

Summer Breeze

Well not exactly Summer yet but a girl can dream. On Saturday, I took the opportunity of the sunshine and warmer weather to wear the maxi skirt that my Mom helped me make when she was visiting. Here it is, FINALLY!  We made another skirt and I'm sure I'll wear that one soon. I love this skirt for the flowy properties and the fact that it's silk but only cost $18 and some time.

I styled this outfit using some of the pieces from the Spring Picks list. The maxi, biker jacket, lady like bag and scarf (not bright but coordinating), made for an eclectic mix.

Biker Jacket (faux leather) - Target, Shirt - Old Navy, Skirt - DIY Self Made, Boots - Target,
Bag - Urban Outfitters, Scarf - gift, Belt - Torrid, Rings - Various (see below), Sunglasses - Chanel

Our friend Melissa came to visit this weekend!  It's always so good to see her. When she arrived on Friday, I was blown away by the cool trench she was wearing. It looked just like Chanel. So classic. Unfortunately, it's no longer available. We had a great weekend, catching up, talking, and we even did a little shopping.





Minus the Minx nails, I tried to recreate my Friday inspiration. I think I did a pretty good job using the rings that I have. It did make me want to search out another knuckle ring. I know asos has some others that I love. I'll put them on my list.

(clockwise from top right) Mosaic Ring - JewelMint, Engagement Ring - my Honey, Belt - Torrid,
Knuckle Ring - asos, Filigree Ring - ?


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...