Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Pop of Color

When a friend saw this outfit she told me that I was single handedly brining back the 80's.  It made me laugh. I really love the pop of color that these tights bring.  I grew up in the 80's (crap I'm old) and I didn't own a pair of tights this color. I did however, own a pair a fuschia tights that I wore with a multi-colored striped dress. I had big hair too. There is a fashion saying that if you wore a trend once, that you can't wear it again. I don't think that's true. If you can adjust the trend to a more grown up and sophisticated you, then you can wear your favorite trend and not look like a flashback. What do you think my Runway friends? Fashion forward or flashback?

This outfit started with the skirt and everything else fell into place. I got this skirt at the swap in February. It was a last minute find and I was thrilled. The outfit needed a little color and If I owned a dark yellow or mustard yellow top I'd be wearing that. So I just went for the blue tights.


Jacket - Belk, Top - Coldwater Creek, Belt - Talbots Outlet, Skirt - Swap,
Boots - Silhouettes, Tights - We Love Colors, Necklace - Self made, Bracelet - JewelMint, Ring - JewelMint





JewelMInt - Coda Cuff and Metal Mosaic Ring


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...