Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Power of Two

Thanks to everyone for sending lots of positive comments and love to me. You guys are great for my ego. 30 for 30 is off to a great start!

I love maxi skirts. However, there is a fine line with a maxi. Stylish or religious cult... It's a precarious balance, my friends. Pair this skirt with a high collar ruffle blouse and I could fit in well on any compound. That's why I decided to take the demure maxi and rough it up with some rocker chick cool.


Pleather Jacket - Torrid, Shirt - Target, Skirt - thrifted, Boots - Dolce Vita for Target,
Over the Knee Socks - Target, Bracelets - gift (thanks Aunt Nancy) and vintage bangles (Thanks Mom),
Earrings - self made on DIY day with my sis (thanks for the tassels Sis)
 I realized after taking my pics that you couldn't really see my boot or accessories. I thought I'd include a few close ups for your viewing pleasure.


My sister, who claims not to be creative, came up with the idea to make earrings using tassels. I added some silver beads that I already had in my stash.


I paired this chunky cuff, a Christmas gift from my Aunt and Uncle, with some delicate bangles that my Mom gave me. She's worn these bangles since she was a young woman. I love vintage but even more when it belonged to someone I love.


Don't you love these boots!? They are so 80's and really comfy. The buckles give them a great edge. Thanks to the amazing Target clearance racks, I got them for only $17! I checked and if you want to snag them, they are only $12.24 online!

I just did a quick tally. My entire outfit, including jewelry (because it was a gift or self made with items I already owned) cost only $48! Not bad, huh?


Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...